Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chocolate Peppermint Tea!

After showing you my glorious over flowing garden, I figured I'd share with you my tea! (And I'll literally share it with you if you come visit!) ;-)

Peppermint oil has long been thought of as a tummy soother - helping with nausea, indigestion, IBS, and other such ailments. It also may be a cancer fighter! In animal studies, it stopped the growth of pancreatic, mammary, and liver tumors! Peppermint oil is also a natural anti-microbial, killing off nasty bacteria such as Helicobacter pylori (which may cause stomach ulcers), Salmonella, E. coli, and the "super bug" methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)!

And, take a big breath of fresh air, because peppermint oil can help your respiratory system!So here is it: a simple, beautiful tea - just a few peppermint leaves, two stevia leaves for sweetness, and warmed (not hot!) water. I crushed the leaves in between my fingers to help release their natural flavor, then let it sit in the warm water for a few minutes.

Simple, Sip, Ahhhh!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment