Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quotes

Happy Second-Week-of-the-New-Year!!!

Hopefully you've been sticking with your resolutions for the week. And, now that the weekend is rolling around, I thought a little kick of motivation may be good! (I know I'm going to be facing much junky foods later today for a belated Christmas/early birthday party...)

Today I wanted to post some quote that I find motivating, or just interesting! Some days, my motivation to stick to a natural, healthy diet wanes (I am probably the only person I know who watched Fast Food Nation and craved a McDonald's burger. Yeah, I have my horrible cravings, too!)

So here are some little sayings that I like to keep in mind for those times.

"The first wealth is health..." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels" -Anon?*

"Poor health is not caused by something you don'thave; it's caused by disturbing something that you already have. Health is not something you need to get, it's something you have already if you don't disturb it." -Dean Ornish

"Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat."
-Jill Johnson

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but instead will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." -Thomas Edison

"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips

But even if you "fall off the bandwagon," that's okay! You've put in a good week (hopefully) and can't get back up! Try not to let a mistake "give you permission" to crash the rest of the day, though. Take a few deep breaths to regain control, smile, and at least enjoy the food you eat - whatever it may be!

Have a wonderful health-motivated day!
~Katie

*if you know where this quote originated, please let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment