Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Skin Deep

My friend Kelli turned me on to this site, and I wanted to pass it on to you!

Skin Deep is a site run by the Enviromental Working Group, a group dedicated to natural health and protecting the environment.
Your skin is really just one big organ! We so often forget about it when thinking about nutrition; but what you put ON your body is important, just like what you put IN your body! I haven't found a specific statistic, but I have read that your skin can absorb upwards of 60% of what you put on it - whether that's lotion, deoderant, shower items, nail polish, make-up... So while you're taking steps to add health-promoting foods to your diet, make sure you consider what your body may be absorbing from the outside!

The Skin Deep website lets you look at products you may be using, and lets you know what ingredients may be potentially dangerous. They even have list for things like dental floss! Wow! I haven't gotten that detailed yet, but it's always fun to look in to!

Happy Tuesday, and keep taking your steps to health!
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment