Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tropical Salad on a Wintery Day

Hello all! :) Today I wanted something that reminded me of WARM WEATHER! I was so excited by the warmer days we had, and then this!! Cold and rainy, and even little flakes of SNOW!! Gaaa!!!

So I went to the store, and treated myself to some wonderful, healthy, enzyme and nutrient rich tropical fruits!


And I made a beautiful, colorful salad! Pineapple, papaya, banana, and half an avocado... with a splash of lime juice, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a handful of macadamia nuts! Very much like my tropical smoothie (just blend!) but I wanted to savor the unique flavors of each fruit, and I am a sucker for texture - and I crave the little crunch of the nuts in this dish!

This pretty plate packs a punch! With over 100% of the RDA for Manganese and Vitamin C, it also carries a healthy dose of Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Folate, and even the lovely B-6! And over 10 grams of protein and 20 grams of fiber! AND! It's rich in phytosterols, which are good to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. That's one heck of a meal there, my friend!

Now I should go turn on some Hawaiian music, put on the flip-flops, and relax ;-)

Have a great week everyone!

Hugs!
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment