Monday, April 18, 2011

Banana Crepes

Another fun and easy recipe!I have enjoyed using my dehydrator to make little bananas chips, but this time we went with a crepe! Just blend up your bananas, and either leave it at that, or add some flavoring.

Banana Crepes
5-6 bananas
1 Tablespoon vanilla, to taste

Put in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Ladle into 3" rounds and dehydrate until leathery. About 18-24 hours

They will be taffy chewy, which for me is delicious!

Then just top as you like!

I first made a macadamia-cashew-berry blend (equal parts of each nut, then strawberries to taste.) The strawberries weren't really quite ripe yet, so the flavor wasn't strong.

Berry Spread
1 c. macademia nuts
1 c. cashews
1 c. fruit of choice to flavor

Blend all together, adding water or lemon juice as needed to thin. Spread on crepes!


So then I tried a blend with the nuts, and added blackberries and raspberries - a much stronger, tart flavor! So good!

Using fun little stencils, I spread the berry sauce on the crepes, and decorated with some strawberries. What a pretty breakfast to start your day! And full of healthy fruit to give you a god surge of energy, and proteins from the nuts to keep you going!


And there you have it! If you don't count the time in the dehydrator, this is a quick treat! So, just plan ahead, and you can store the crepes probably for about a week or two in the fridge. The nut spread also will keep for a while. I keep them separate so when I crave it, I just whip out a crepe, slather it with some berry spread, roll it up, and go!

So if you have a dehydrator, I hope you'll have fun trying this one :)

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment